Taking your fish ‘n chips to a healthy and satisfying new level with these delicious baked potatoes stuffed with crispy fish fillets
And check this out, this simple recipe uses only 5 ingredients!
This post is written in collaboration with Gorton’s Seafood. All opinions are mine. Thank you for your support! #FiveIngredientsWithGortons #Ad
Who’s ready for a new, simple and delicious, cozy and satisfying dinner idea that only requires FIVE ingredients and will have the whole family happy and craving for more?!?
I love twice-baked potatoes (jacket potatoes) because they are so versatile and can be easily combined with various ingredients. Today, I’m adding some extra protein to my dish with these crispy golden fish fillets. And to make things faster I use one of my go-to freezer staple: Gorton’s Beer Battered Fish Fillets.
These fish fillets are ready in a few minutes and are always a great option to add to your favorite meal or by itself as a yummy snack or dinner. Gorton’s fish fillets are a great source of protein, rich in vitamins and minerals. With a fresh taste and quick cook time. Find out more about these and more here.
As I mentioned already and as you can see in this photo, this recipe only asks for 5 simple ingredients. Today I simply mixed some creme fraiche, fresh parsley and fish fillet crumbled in pieces to the potatoes. But there’s an unlimited number of options when it comes to toppings and stuffing your baked potatoes. You are welcome to let your imagination guide you and add your personal touch to it.
Please note: To cook the potatoes you can bake in your regular oven or (like I did) microwave until soft. Make sure to select potatoes that are about the same size so they will cook at the same rate. And don’t forget to poke holes on all sides.
Once the potato is cooked, I like to scoop out the center part, mashed it roughly with the other ingredients and spoon it back into the potato skin. So every bite of this potatoes is as tasty as every other one, and you won’t end up eating the toppings first all by themselves. Who would want that, anyways?!?
Ready to try it too?!?
RECIPE CARDS: Double-Baked Potatoes with Crispy Fish Fillets
Seafood Jacket Potatoes (Double Baked Potatoes)
Author: Manuela Mazzocco
Prep time: 20 MinCook time: 20 MinTotal time: 40 Min
Taking your fish ‘n chips to a healthy and satisfying new level with these delicious baked potatoes stuffed with crispy fish filletsAnd check this out, this simple recipe uses only 5 ingredients!
- 2 large baking potatoes
- 4 Gorton’s Beer Batter Fish Fillets (or your favorite fillets)
- 2 tablespoons crème fraîche
- 1 tablespoon chopped Italian parsley
- salt and pepper to taste
- Scrub and wash well the potatoes, dry and prick with a fork on all sides several times.
- If using a regular oven: place on a baking tray and bake in the preheated oven at 350F for about 60 minutes or until cooked through.
- OR if using a microwave oven: place on a microwave safe dish, use the “baked potatoes” setting if available, or microwave on high for about 10 or 15 minutes until a fork can me easily inserted in the middle. Add more time if needed.
- Cook the fish fillets following the directions on the bag. I cooked in the air fryer until golden crispy, at 400F for about 8 minutes, turning them over halfway.
- Cut the potatoes in half lengthways. Carefully scoop out the flesh from the middle and place into a bowl. Mesh with a fork. Season with salt and pepper. Mix with the crème fraîche and parsley.
- Cut the fish fillets in pieces and fold into the potato mixture.
- Sprinkle the scooped out potatoes lightly with salt, and scoop the mixture back into the potatoes.
- Bake for another 10 minutes if you like.
- Sprinkle with more parsley and crème fraîche if you like (or a bit of olive oil). Serve with lemon or lime wedges on the side, and enjoy!
If baking in the regular oven the cook time is 1 hour and 15 minutes