Dinner doesn’t get much easier and tastier than this!
Calling all seafood lovers… This is for you! Here is a simple recipe that explodes with Mediterranean flavors. These red snapper fillets are quickly cooked on the stove with cherry tomatoes and capers in a white wine, garlic and anchovy sauce. It doesn’t get any easier and tastier than this!
This is one of my go to recipes that I use for many other white fish fillets (make sure to adjust cooking time based on the thickness of your fillet!). It’s perfect for last minute dinners (it cooks in no time!). And so tasty that I bet you will want to make this again. I served it up with a big green salad on the side and some thick slices of fresh bread … highly recommended to soak up all the juice!
Here is the recipe for this quick and tasty Italian red snapper! Buon Appetito!
Quick and Tasty Italian Red Snapper Recipe
Easy and so flavorful recipe to quickly cook these fish fillets in a skillet with white wine, capers and cherry tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 or 4 anchovy fillets
- 8 oz (230 gr) cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 tablespoon capers, rinsed and drained
- 2 red snapper (or similar) fillets
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) white wine
- fresh parsley
- In a large skillet, heat the oil with the garlic and anchovy fillets. Cook over medium heat for a couple of minutes, breaking down the anchovies until dissolved.
- Add the tomatoes and capers, and cook for a couple of minutes.
- Add the fish fillets and white wine. Salt and pepper to taste. Cook covered for about 5 minutes.
- Carefully turn the fillet over without breaking it. Cook for another 5 minutes or until it easily flakes with a fork.