Picture-perfect summery tart with passion fruit custard cream over a hazelnut cookie crust
This post is written in collaboration with Amoretti. All opinions are mine alone
Bring a taste of summer to your table with this passion fruit tropical tart. Wouldn’t you love a taste of this rich and dense passion fruit custard cream served over a crumbly and buttery hazelnut pie crust?!? 😍
For this recipe I used Amoretti Premium Natural Hazelnut Flour and Passion Fruit Artisan Natural Flavors ❤️ Perfect for this dessert … just a couple of tablespoons of this flavor and you get the most tasty cream EVER 😍
Make sure to check Amoretti website for all the available flavors and products 🤗
Passion Fruit Tart
Bring a taste of summer to your table with this passion fruit tropical tart: rich and dense passion fruit custard cream served over a crumbly and buttery hazelnut pie crust
For the pie crust:
- 4 oz (115 gr) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup (100gr) sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 cup (100 gr) Amoretti Hazelnut Flour
- 1 1/2 (185 gr) all-purpose flour
- pinch of salt
For the cream:
- 2 large egg yolks
- 1/2 cup (100gr) sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoon corn starch
- 1 cup (235 ml) milk, warm
- 3 tablespoon Amoretti Passion Fruit Artisan Natural Flavor
To make the crust:
- In a large bowl, beat the sugar with the butter.
- Add the egg and mix some more.
- Add the hazelnut and all-purpose flour, salt and mix till combined.
- Grease a 14×5 inches tart pan (possibly with removable bottom).
- Move the dough to the pan, spread it out and press it to the bottoms and up the sides.
- Freeze for 15 minutes. Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Prick the bottom with a fork, cover with a piece of parchment paper and top with baking beans or weights.
- Bake for 20 minutes, remove the paper and weights and bake for 10 more minutes until the crust is golden.
To make the cream:
- In a medium size pan, whisk well the egg yolks with the sugar.
- Add the corn starch and whisk until smooth and fluffy.
- Add a little bit of the warm milk and whisk until smooth. Whisk in the rest of the milk.
- Place over medium heat and stir continuously until it reaches a slow boil. The cream will thicken quickly, so make sure it doesn’t stick to the bottom. Lower the flame and cook of two more minutes. Add the passion fruit flavor and whisk.
- Pour in a bowl and let it cool. Refrigerate until cold.
- Add the cream to the tart shell and level.
- Top with your favorite fresh fruits if you like. Refrigerate until ready to serve. Enjoy!